Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Why I get Acupuncture

I set out to find an acupuncturist in Evansville to help with my digestion initially.  I went to a chiropractor and he said "well this may or may not work"  I thought that was strange for him to say that.  He stuck about 30 needles all around my stomach and body and left the room.  I started to feel discomfort and high anxiety.  Finally I could not take it anymore so I yelled "Excuse me! Hello?"  He came back and immediately pulled all the needles out.  I was scared off from acupuncture.  I thought never again!

I started to hear about Charlene Fabiano at the Acupuncture Center of Evansville. She is the only certified acupuncturist in our area. She went to acupuncture school and studied Chinese medicine.  I went to her and as I laid there and she felt my chi pulse.  Not the pulse of my heart.  She can tell how balanced your chi is and where it is stuck with the symptoms you tell her and how she feels the chi pulse moving.  Charlene wanted to look at my tongue.  She could tell that I definitely needed allot more water and could see my digestive issues on the sides of my tongue.  I had no idea the tongue could tell so much about your body.
 Charlene teaching about Acupuncture at Center for Integrative Medicine.
Part of Charlene's comfortable waiting area.

When I laid there on the table for the first time I could feel energy moving through my body.  I felt a sense of release.  Emotional pain releasing from my body.  I had happy tears.  My stomach would growl and move.  My digestion was actually functioning.  I couldn't believe I have never done this before.  I started to see different colors as my eyes were closed.  I was taken back by the movement of colors I was seeing. I mostly see green and purple now.  These colors are different colors of your chakras.  I was happy to hear that green means healing.  I love when I see green now. Acupuncture helps open up creativity to for me.  I love laying there and seeing visions of flowers and mountains.  Wish I could paint all these images I see.  Sometimes you could just fall asleep but I like to lay there and feel my chi moving and my body responding to the points of acupuncture. Acupuncture treats so many things. It has helped my anxiety, depression and digestion.   I am so grateful I was lead to Charlene and didn't give up on acupuncture.
It truly is a mind, body, spirit medicine- Charlene Fabiano.

 My favorite points on my face and head to get acupuncture.  This helps to quiet the anxious mind and brings a calming tone to my body.

Have you tried acupuncture?  How has it worked for you?

3 comments:

  1. It's so long since I had my first experience of acupuncture that I can't remember much. From what I recall I did not find it relaxing or releasing, probably because of my life situation at that point. I've tried acupressure - that was good - but the idea of freeing up creativity is so cool! I'll try acupuncture again.

    Shanell Custer @ Sage Health and Wellness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I can't believe how much acupuncture has helped you! I admire your courage to give it another try considering you had a prior bad experience with acupuncture. I have been suffering from depression and anxiety for some time now. I should definitely consider acupuncture treatment, especially if the place looks as comfortable as the one you visit.

    Hannah Holland @ Berkeley Community ACU

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to just share my story about acupuncture. I was a believer after my first treatment, and today I go often for one reason, relaxation. My therapist turns down the lights, turns up the soothing music and works gently around my body. It is the best way to relive stress in my mind and I recommend to anyone in pain.

    Corine Traina @ U.S. HealthWorks San Jose

    ReplyDelete